|author and historian||
DIANA FRANCES CHASE
§ Professional Member of Professional Historians and Researchers Association WA (Inc)
§ Member of Curtin Alumni
§ Full membership of Australian Society of Authors
Joint Publications Diana Chase and Valerie Krantz and Research and Write:
For the Education Department of W.A.(1983-1986):
· History in Cartoons - From Depression to World War II
· Cartoons in History
· The American Revolution
· The Convict Period in W.A.
· Local Government for Primary Schools (Filmstrip with sound)
For Longman Cheshire, Melbourne:
· A Cartoon History of World Events 1900-1945, 1988.
· International Relations in the 1920s and 1930s: A documentary approach, 1990.
For Macmillan Education Australia Pty Ltd:
· The Dawn Fraser Story, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1991.
· Sir Donald Bradman, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1991.
· Howard Florey Macmillan, Melbourne,1991.
· Charles Kingsford Smith, Macmillan, Melbourne 1991.
· Douglas Mawson, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1991.
· Dame Enid Lyons, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1993.
· William Morris Hughes, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1993.
· Joan Sutherland, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1993.
For Macmillan Education Australia Pty Ltd (cont.):
· John Farnham, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1993.
· Tom Roberts, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1993.
· Grace Cossington Smith, Macmillan, Melbourne, 1993.
· The Macmillan Science and Technology Encyclopedia, 1992. Transport, Communication articles and Reference Tables
· The Story Behind the Legend Series, 1995. Eight titles each with four stories:
Survivors(Eliza Fraser, The
Survivors of Mer, William Buckley and
· Rogues and Underdogs (Mary Reiby, Ikey Solomon Frank Gardiner and Alf Smith)
· The Outback Spirit (The Duff Children, Nat Buchanan, Daisy Bates and Mother Buntine)
· Hidden Treasure (The Spanish Treasure, Opals, Lassetter's Reef, and the Broome Diamond Mystery)
(The Thylacene, The Kangaroo, The Australian dog;
· Beating the Distance (Camels, Bush Airways, Riverboats, and Cobb and Co.)
· To the Rescue (Grace Bussell, Bushfire!, Surf Lifesavers and the Kokoda Track)
· What Would You Do? A BLM on Ethics and Responsibilities.. Macmillan, 1997.
For PA Property Trust:
A History of
For Dominion Mining Ltd:
Mt Morgans Story:
History of a mining town, Dominion Mining,
For Francis Burt Law Education Centre:
· The Convict Experience in WA Background Notes for Teachers, 1992.
· Two Hundred Pounds, A House Research and Text for a Slide-Tape presentation:, A History of
and a Horse the Anglican Chaplaincy at the Fremantle Prison, 1992.
For the Capel Shire:
· Just a Horse Ride Away: The history of Capel Shire and its people, WA, 1995
*Short listed for South Australian
Premiers Award; Local History Section
For Women's Policy Development Office: (To commemorate Women's Suffrage, achieved in 1899)
· Portrait of Progress: A Celebration of Western Australian Women: from colonial
times to present day. (Chase and Krantz with Jan Jackson.), 1999.
For Fremantle Arts Centre Press:
For Australian Teaching Aids
· People in the Community: Integrated Curriculum Activities, 2001
Publications by Diana Chase
For Wendy Pye Ltd
· Pete's Pile,
· Hidden Valley, 2000
For Fremantle Arts Centre Press
· Timeslip, 1999
*Shortlisted for Young Readers’ Book Award 1999
· Surf's Up, 2000
*Short listed (3rd) for the Premier’s Book Award, 2000
*Winner of WA Young Reader’s Book Award, (Hoffman Award), 2000
· Angel in a Gumtree by Diana Chase and Val Krantz
*Short listed for the Premier’s Book Award, 2000
· Chloe’s Wish, 2001
· The Lighthouse Kids, 2003.
· Daisy Street, 2005.
No More Borders For Josef ;published July 2006.Short-listed for the Premier’s Book Award 2007.
For Nelson Thomson Learning
· Ben's Tune, 2001
|The contents of this site are the property of Diana Chase and are copyright by law. For all technical enquires regarding this site please email firstname.lastname@example.org|